What to Expect
- We sit down and discuss all the details of the charges with the client. We want to find out everything about them and what really happened from their point of view.
- If the client is in jail or has a warrant for their arrest, we file for a bond reductionto try and get the client released.
- We receive the police report and review it with the client. We then begin to pick the parts of the case that we plan to attack.
- We have a preliminary hearing if the client is charged with a felony.
- We file motions to try and exclude evidence.
- We don’t take the first plea dealoffered. We will continue to fight in order to get the best plea deal possible.
- Finally, we review all options available to the client and discuss whether to move forward with a plea deal or proceed to trial.