Missouri Truck Accident Attorneys
Due to the size and weight of large commercial trucks, most collisions with small vehicles result in serious injuries or fatalities. These trucks are insured by commercial policies and require a different legal approach than you would use on a typical auto accident.
What To Do After A Truck Accident
If you were involved in a collision with a semi-truck, dump truck, large van or some other kind of big truck, obtaining the following information will help you protect your right to fair compensation:
- A copy of the police report and the police report number
- The Department of Transportation (DOT) license number for the truck
- Any names or identification on the cab or trailer
- Driver information, including license and insurance information
- A diagram of the scene, including the location and length of any skid marks
- Photographs of the scene (if possible)
- The names and contact information of any witnesses
Finding The Right Missouri Truck Accident Attorney
When accidents involving trucks occur, the commercial insurance companies are quick to send representatives to the scene in an attempt to mitigate responsibility. This is when truck injury victims are most vulnerable. If you or someone close to you has been injured, please call us at 314-798-6977 for a free case consultation. Our attorneys will work quickly to preserve evidence, gather witness statements and protect your rights. At Miller & Hine, you will be able to get the compensation you deserve.