FINE COLLECTION CENTER (FCC) TICKETS
If you have been issued a ticket that lists the Fine Collection Center (FCC), please contact Miller & Hine today. The FCC is a central processing unit located in Jefferson City, MO that collects payments for select types of traffic tickets that accepts guilty and not guilty pleas.
The ticket will have “FCC“ written in the court block and “due in 30 days” in the court date block.
What are my options
As previously stated, an FCC ticket lists “due in 30 days,” which may at first appear to be favorable, but in actuality, this means that you are essentially limited to one of three options:
- Option 1: Pay the ticket
- You are pleading guilty to the alleged charge.
- You will receive points on your license.
- The points will be reported to the Department of Revenue.
- You could lose your driving privileges due to excessive point accumulation.
- Your insurance rates will increase.
- Option 2: Do nothing
- You will be charged with a failure to appear.
- You will pay a $1,000 fine or spend one year in the county jail.
- Your driver’s license will be suspended.
- Option 3: Hire an attorney from Miller & Hine
- We will first enter a “not guilty” plea with the FCC.
- The FCC will then transfer the ticket to the county in which the ticket was issued (the Circuit Court listed at the top of your ticket).
- We will then negotiate with the prosecuting attorney from the Circuit Court listed on your ticket to amend your ticket to a lesser offense (non-moving, non-point violation).
- You will not receive any points on your license.
- Your insurance rates will not increase.
- In most cases, you will never have to step foot in a courtroom.